When it comes to planning meals, how much dry rice to serve per person is always a question that comes up. It can be tricky to get the right amount, especially if you’re not used to cooking with rice. In this blog post, we will give you some tips on how to plan your meals and figure out how much dry rice you need for each meal!
The first thing you need to do is figure out how many people you will be cooking for. This will help you determine how much rice you need. Generally, it is recommended that you plan on serving ¾ cup of dry rice per person. However, if you are serving a dish with a lot of sauce or if your guests are particularly hungry, you may want to serve up a cup of dry rice per person.
Once you know how much rice you need, it’s time to start cooking! There are a few different ways to cook rice, so choose the method that works best for you.
How to cook rice on stove top :
– In a pot, combine the desired amount of dry rice with twice as much water
– Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cover the pot
– Simmer for 18 minutes, or until all of the water has been absorbed
– Remove the pot from the heat and let it sit for another five minutes, then fluff the rice with a fork
How to cook rice on rice cooker
– Add the desired amount of dry rice to the rice cooker
– Add twice as much water, then stir to combine
– Close the lid and set the cooker to the “rice” setting
– Cook for 18 minutes, or until all of the water has been absorbed
– Let the rice sit for another five minutes, then fluff with a fork
Once your rice is cooked, it’s time to serve! You can either serve it as is or mix it with some of your favorite ingredients.